Flumethasone (Flucort) is a chemical modification of prednisolone, which possesses greater anti-inflammatory and gluconeogenic properties than the parent compound when compared on an equivalent basis. Due to the potency of Flumethasone (Flucort) , dosage recommendations should be consulted prior to drug administration. The structural formula is as follows: Active ingredient: Flumethasone (Flucort) 0.5mg/ml 100ml
Flumethasone (Flucort) Chemical Properties,Uses,Productio Description
Flumethasone (Flucort)is a moderately potent difluorinated corticosteroid ester with anti-inflammatory, antipruritic and vasoconstrictive properties. Its mechanism of action is thought to inhibit arachidonic acids role in the biosynthesis of prostaglandins and leukotrienes. Flumethasone is active when it is not bound to the plasma protein transcortin. The drug flumethasone can be used to treat a variety of skin conditions, such as contact dermatitis, bug bites and eczema.
- Flumethasone is an anti-inflammatory glucocorticoid used in veterinary practice and used as an anti-inflammatory for a variety of animals. It is commonly investigated for its effectiveness in animals to combat inflammatory symptoms caused by pathogens and to better understand inflammatory mechanisms. It is also used as to investigate novel techniques that detect and quantify steroid compounds within muscles.
- For the treatment of contact dermatitis, atopic dermatitis, exczema, psoriasis, diaper rash and other skin conditions.
- Flumethasone is a corticosteroid for topical use, in combination with Clioquinol for the treatment of otitis externa and otomycosis. Flumethasone shows fully 420 times the potency of cortisone in an animal model for anti-inflammatory activity.
- Flumethasone has been shown to exert anti-inflammtory effects by functioning as a glucocorticoid receptor agonist. Stimulating this receptor promotes inhibition of phospholipase A2 activity. This enzyme catalyzes arachidonic acid into eicosanoids most of which stimulate anti-inflammation mechanisms.
Application of Flumethasone (Flucort)
- Flumethasone (Flucort) is a topical corticosteroid of the glucocorticoid class used in the treatment of skin disorders where it reduces inflammation.
- Flumethasone (Flucort) is insoluble in water.
- Flumethasone (Flucort) pivalate is a topical difluorinated corticosteroid ester with anti-inflammatory, antipruritic and vasoconstrictive properties. A prompt decrease in inflammation, exudation and itching is experienced after application.
- It is commonly used in veterinary practice and has been used in cortisol assays to study early porcine conceptus development.
Uses of Flumethasone (Flucort)
topical anti-inflammatory corticosteroid
Uses of Flumethasone (Flucort)
brand name of Flumethasone (Flucort)
Flumethasone (Flucort)Veterinary Drugs and Treatments
Flumethasone (Flucort) is labeled in horses as indicated for: 1) Musculoskeletal conditions due to inflammation, where permanent structural changes do not exist, such as bursitis, carpitis, osselets and myositis. Following therapy an appropriate period of rest should be instituted to allow a more normal return to function of the affected part. 2) In allergic states such as hives, urticaria and insect bites.
Flumethasone injection (Flucort?) is labeled in dogs as indicated for: 1) Musculoskeletal conditions due to inflammation of muscles or joints and accessory structures, where permanent structural changes do not exist, such as arthritis, osteoarthritis, the disc syndrome and myositis. In septic arthritis appropriate antibacterial therapy should be concurrently administered. 2) In certain acute and chronic dermatoses of varying etiology to help control the pruritus, irritation and inflammation associated with these conditions. The drug has proven useful in otitis externa in conjunction with topical medication for similar reasons.